What is a Desktop Equipment Appraisal?
Quick, Low Cost, Equipment Appraisal.
Desktop Equipment Appraisals have the same certification level, court tested, substantiated, and irrefutable appraisal just like a standard onsite appraisals, with two major differences:
Pay LESS for the Appraisal
Data is compiled by you which reduces the cost of the appraisal report. A Desktop Appraisal is a common appraisal that provides the same equipment valuation with on appraiser onsite. The Appraisal Report will state the the data was collected by you or your representative. The report will also state that we have not physically seen the equipment. Our Desktop Equipment Appraisals are defensible, substantiated, court tested and used by Banks, the IRS, and the Small Business Association.
Key Benefits of a Desktop Appraisal:
- Much Lower Cost – (No TRAVEL or Onsite Inspection Costs)
- You Collect the Data – (YOU KNOW your Equipment)
- Faster Turnaround – (Completed on YOUR TIME)
When to NOT use a Desktop Equipment Appraisal
- No Onsite Data Collection Person is Available
- Appraisal is a key part of Litigation
- Appraisal is requested by a Lender
- Any Partnership Dissolutions
- Any Divorce Settlements
Items you need to consider about Desktop Appraisals:
- Used as a Strong Negotiating Tool
- Three Item Values on Report (High, Mid, Low)
- Certified Appraisals are typically accepted and preferred by Lenders and SBA
- Realistic line item value threshold
- Help set Insurable Values
- May be needed for Corporation Tax Purposes
- AVOID Potential Litigation with a Certified Report
- U.S.P.A.P. Compliant Certified Appraisers (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice)